The History of NCRRCDG
The Unit’s forerunner, the National Capital Region Regional Community Defense Unit (NCRRCDU) was activated and assigned to the Philippine Army on 16 March 1986 pursuant to Section 1, General Orders Number 44, Headquarters; Philippine Army dated 26 March 1986, while the Army Reserve Command (Provisional) was deactivated less than two (2) weeks later on 01 April 1986 pursuant to Section 1, General Orders Number 63, Headquarters, Philippine Army dated 09 April 1986, with its personnel and equipment absorbed by the Reserved Affairs Branch G7 Division, Philippine Army which was subsequently organized pursuant to Section II of the same order and date.
In the following years after its activation, the NCRRCDU had been actively involved primarily in the Reserve Force Development activities of the Army since the management of Army ROTC Units at this time was being handled by the Metropolitan Citizen Military Training Command, Armed forces of the Philippines (MCMTC, AFP). However, after six (6) years and two (2) months of existence, NCRRCDU was unfilled effective 01 July 1992 pursuant to Section 1, General Orders Number 388, Headquarters, Philippine Army, absorbing the personnel and equipment of the National Capital Region Regional community Defense Unit (NCRRCDU).
On 16 October 1992, the NCRRCDU, PA was filled-up pursuant to Section 1, General Orders Number 1104, Headquarters, Philippine Army dated 12 October 1992 with its new personnel and equipment generated from the existing resources of the Philippine army. The Unit was then reassigned to the newly reactivated Reserve Command, Philippine Army effective on same date, pursuant to Section II, General Orders Number 1104, Headquarters, Philippine Army under the leadership of COL CONRADO G ANATALIO (GSC) PA.
On the early part of the second quarter of 1993, the Unit became a full pledged RCDU when ROTC Unit under the general supervision of the Metropolitan Citizen Military Training Command (MCMTC) were transferred to the Reserve Command, Philippine Army effective 01 April 1993 and were subsequently reassigned with the national Capital region Regional Community defense group as a result of the deactivation of the MCMTC. At the same time, the five (5) Community Defense Centers (CDCs) were activated and given their respective areas of responsibility in the five (5) political districts of the National capital Region.
From here on, the National Capital Region Regional Community Defense Unit (NCRRCDU) which was later renamed National Capital Region Regional Community Defense Group (NCR RCDG) started to function as a full pledged RCDG, taking responsibility over the Reservist and Retiree Affairs activities of the Philippine Army in the National Capital Region.
Col. Joshua B. Santiago replaced Col. Corleto S. Vinluan in a change of command ceremony presided by Brig. Gen. Paolo Leo Ma. Miciano, the Commander of ARESCOM.